Of course, they do! In fact, reading is one of the requirements for the job.
So today, I’m taking a reader survey, since I’m also a reader and I’m interested in what reading habits you have.
- Do you have a favorite place to read? (Inside, Outside, favorite chair, bed?)
- Do you have a favorite time to read? Morning, afternoon, night?
- Do you like to have music playing in the background? If so, what kind?
- Do you snack while you read? What’s your favorite reading snack?
- Coffee or tea?
- Do you use bookmarks?
- Do you read more than one book at a time?
- What’s your favorite genre? Romance, mystery, contemporary, historical, etc.?
- How do authors irritate you?
- Do you belong to a book club? If so, do you use discussion questions from the book?
- What do you wish authors would do more of?
- Print, ebook or audiobook?
My own favorite place and time for a print book is at bedtime or at the beach. However, I enjoy listening to audio book when I walk or ride in a car. I prefer instrumental music in the background, and I try not to snack, but sometimes grab some chocolate or a handful of pecans.
My favorite genre to read is historical fiction, mainly World War 2. I do use bookmarks for print, for my research books too. And I often have more than one book going at a time. For instance, I’m listening to The Hiding Place on audio, reading On a Coastal Breeze by Suzanne Woods Fisher in print, and also reading a nonfiction book for research called Last Train to Paradise. Of course, I read devotions in the morning with my coffee.
So what about you? Tell me about your reading preferences. If you answer and like bookmarks, I’ll send you one of my new ones!