Lately, I’ve read several lists of gifts for writers. While they may be practical, useful, and appreciated, I thought of several other things I’d like to have. Of course, being a writer, my imagination does sometimes run away with itself, so I realize the gifts on this wish list might be a bit difficult to come by. Let me know if there’s something you’d like to add to the list.
1) Motivation to start writing
2) Encouragement to keep on writing
4) No Distractions
6) Unlimited supply of fresh coffee or tea
7) An on-suite bathroom because of above request.
8) Treadmill in the office to stay in the creative zone while exercising.
9) Unlimited supply of chocolate
10) Email and Facebook without advertising spam
11) No computer problems
12) Editors and publishers who love us and our writing
13) Readers who love our writing.
14) A housekeeper
15) Families who understand
18) Shelves (not just our own) lined with our books
19) Worry-free life (oh wait, that’s in heaven, not here)
20) Finished, polished, perfect manuscripts
So, are these gifts possible to have? Maybe they are..
“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.” Matthew 7:7